When I had Hutton, I was convinced you needed everything on that "Baby Must Have" list. Now I didn't purchase everything new but I did receive a lot of hand me downs which I was totally ok with and didn't turn anything away. Well guess what after Hutton was a year old, I got rid of half of that stuff even though I knew we would have more children. So when we were blessed with getting pregnant with Ellis, I had a pretty good idea of what I would use and what I probably wouldn't and at that point I took another load to the baby consignment store. I love using the consignment store for in-store credit because it has allowed me to pick up some really great things for Hutton and a few things for Ellis that were new to excellent condition in the last year without any cost out of my pocket.
Now that I've digressed, let's get back to the subject at hand. Ellis has been a super easy going baby and generally spends most of his time attached to my chest but there are a few essentials that I have loved the last month and thought I would share those for friends of mine that are first time moms or second time moms or third. My favorites have definitely changed the second time around.
1. Moses Basket: Ellis loves being outside and the moses basket has been so nice for bringing him out with me. He loves laying in the basket with a light blanket over the top and sun bathing. It has also been very useful in the house for moving him room to room when he is sleepy as I clean or hang out with Hutton. (Dislcosure: This is one of the things I picked up at the baby consignment store and would suggest keeping an eye out for)Here is a link to one similar to mine here:
2. Arms Reach Co-Sleeper : I know a lot of people like to have a bassinet but I love the co-sleeper for nursing purposes. It fits perfectly next to our bed makes transitioning him for sleeping and eating so seamless. I have used this with both boys and would highly recommend. It's also very mobile and makes it easy for me to move it around the house if I need to. Here is the link to mine: https://www.amazon.com/Arms-Reach-Concepts-Bedside-Bassinet/dp/B01ITQOV0Q/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1498756835&sr=1-1&keywords=arms+reach+co+sleeper
3. Puj Flyte Infant Bath: Ok guys this was a new item for me with Ellis but I LOVE IT!!! With Hutton I was always wrapping him in a towel to bathe him in the bathtub but this fits perfectly in our sink. Here is the link to order yours:
4. Cat and Jack Sleepers: These are hands down my favorite pajama option for one simple reason. They have an inverted zipper that zips from bottom up which makes it perfect for pulling out their bottom half when changing a newborn in the middle of the night.
5. Moby Wrap: With Hutton, I used a Baby Bjorn carrier from the beginning but this time I wanted to try a wrap and I'm so glad we have. Ellis has been to farmer's markets, a wine social, and Hoopfest already because of the moby wrap. It allows me to wear him in a way that he is visible but not exposed to the public so that everyone can touch him and it's perfect. Better yet I have figured out how to breastfeed in the wrap which makes it even better.
If you have any questions about other products or baby items you are considering purchasing, I would be happy to give you my advice or opinion. Enjoy!